On Tue, 24 May 2005 14:55:02 -0700, Jeff Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I also recommend you loose version 5.  You must have been incredibly
>lucky to not have run into 'some' PDF files that version 5 can't handle.

I guess you weren't paying close attention to what I said.  It's not
what *I* want, it's what is dictated to be on the standard desktop image.
But as I also said, I personally have the authority to get around that
restriction, but not everyone does and there is a push to take that
authority away with the next image roll out.

>It 'may' open them, but some PDF files now take advantage of
>capabilities that version 5 simply cannot handle.  I don't know if I've
>run into this reading IBM documentation, but I certainly have for other
>things.
>

>Needs vs. wants.  Adobe 5 works fine.

Well unless I could prove that there was documentation only readable
by a acrobat reader above V5, then I wouldn't have a good case to
force the desktop support to upgrade me.  That is all I meant.  So
far, I've not run across that issue (yet) doing "my job".  I would
also think a vendor would be careful in creating documentation that
could not even be opened/read by Adobe 5, but perhaps that is giving
them too much credit.

Cheers,

Mark
--