Except as it pertains to IBM, this is now way off-topic for this list,
but I just have to say this...  The problem with U.S. Corporations is
*the stock market*.  Want to stop the outsourcing of jobs to overseas?
Abolish the stock market!  Make management responsive to and
responsible to customers, not stockholders.  (In support of this idea
I'll offer that Innovation Data Processing is privately held and is
one of the most responsive software companies around.  I also worked
for a small ISV which frequently added features for a single
customer.)

The whole H1B argument is so obviously a lie -- there isn't a shortage
of IT professionals in the U.S.; there is just a shortage in the
U.S. of the ones who will work for what in the U.S. is chump change.
So they import them and train them here so they can go back to their
home countries and suck even more jobs out of the U.S.

/Leonard