In a message dated 6/4/2005 8:42:36 P.M. Central Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

However,  I don't understand your comment about the "butcher  dance"???

Sorry, it was an ol' CS joke (rather long take off on the Hokey Pokey).
Actually we've tried to invest in technology for several
decades see _http://www.cbhp.ua.edu/_ (http://www.cbhp.ua.edu/)  , when the
Romance Language
noticed enrollment and minors were dropping they sent out ambassadors to  the
grade schools, think we got Spanish and a flamenco guitar. Or engineering
noticed enrollment was dropping off they started sponsoring JETs clubs with
varying degrees of success.

Kids are bright! If you followed the Paris' Hilton hacker story, really
bright. 16 year old might end up as FBI employee...

What I see from IBM is lip service and a nod towards status quo. Little
investment in learning or teaching or technological infrastructure that can
sustain the platform(s). I went to have my toofies cleaned and dentist had
upgraded office to LCDs and Touchpads running off XP something. I was
impressed.
It's OK
I'll settle back down in a few days, glad to see somebody else
perceives the problem.....