As all are likely aware, CICS no longer uses its own journals. Instead it use
the z/OS system logger. I know zippo about this function. I have tried reading
the books. But, as far as my comprehension is concerned, they may have well
been translated from Sanskrit to British English by an Australian sheep farmer
from the outback or a Texan <grin>. (No offense meant to any Australians. Since
I'm from Texas, well ...)

Is there a simple overview of all of this stuff? The main reason that I ask is
because we use CA-FileSave to process the CICS journals for forward recovery.
Due to lack of a VOL parameter along with heavy CICS activity yesterday, our
job abended with a S837-08 after filling up 5 tape volumes. I read what I could
and simply restarted the job "from the top", hoping that all was well.

Thanks for any pointers.