From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of McKown, John
Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2005 9:48 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: LOGR for Dummies?

I guess that I wasn't clear in my original message. I do have all the
logstreams set up and everything is running OK for the most part. But I
did everything in "cookbook" style without understanding why I did what
I did. One of my many problems is that I usually want to know "why" I'm
supposed to do things. One can never become a true chef if one can only
cook from a cookbook. Likewise with a sysprog. I know a fair amout of
stuff (lots of which is now outdated junk, like doing a esoteric-only
gen in MVT), but I'm "falling behind" in the newer stuff. Partially my
fault, partially the fault of where I work ("legacy"=="garbage", so why
invest in it?)