In a message dated 6/23/2005 9:53:02 A.M. Central Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

multi-layered these days; all it takes is for a router to burp, a cable  end
to go bad, or a Windows session to lock up for "the system" to be  down.

After long holiday break, we had assistant department head call up
wanting to know when we'd be back up and why? Well, we were up, their lan
was up but he couldn't talk to the mainframe. Well, he
wanted an office visit and pronto. Boss took three people upstairs
to troubleshoot. Ooops, no power. Well there was power but it wouldn't  boot.
Must be a host problem, always booted before. Standalone diagnostics
revealed the absence of a hard drive! Zip, zero, nada...left the name of  the
security locksmith
<vbsg>