From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Steve Arnett
Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2005 9:41 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: IPL periodicity

We process for two hospital systems.  One on eastern time and one on central
time.  The different departments in hospitals use the computer at different
times, with E/R having priority over any changes that we wish to perform.
What we have found is that a midweek IPL in the evening usually works best
for us.  We have a standing schedule to IPL once a month.  The last IPL was
in February.  For one reason or another, the IPL has been bypassed for four
months.  The only fallout from this has been that our system changes are
accumulating and we ran into fragmented storage in the initiators(second
time in two years).  We corrected the latter with new Control-O rules to
cycle the inits monthly.  The system changes simply have to slide from month
to month until we can actually implement them with an IPL.