I don't understand your comment.

As previously indicated the FLAG(I,I) option became the default at the same
time as DBCS.

Therefore, the compiler error message WILL appear in the listing IMMEDIATELY
after the line inserted by the translator (indicating the column in that
line with the problem).

If a CICS application programmer can't "recognize" a translator inserted
line with

   Move "alphanumeric literal" to DFHnnnn

field as being inserted by the translator and/or if that same programmer
can't recognize that the column that the message is pointing to is within an
alphanumeric literal, then NO "messages and codes" manual is ever going to
help that programmer (IMHO)

news:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>...