Mark wrote:

Bob, we do function as a vendor for IBM OS390 and zOS based products. If anyone has contact information to get me started on this, I would certainly appreciate it.

If you're a PWD member, talk to your TLC or other contact.

Installing a copy of all the zOS releases just to get the IPCS libs out of them would seem a bit too daunting and perhaps price prohibative.

The systems maintained by the IBM's DTSC in Dallas have all of the back-level IPCS stuff available going back to z/OS V1R3 (the oldest supported OS right now). Previously, they had these files going back to OS/390 V2R10 and before. IBM builds the ADCD from these systems, so if you have access to DTSC systems or ADCD, you should be able to easily get what you need.

I have recently talked with some IBM service staff who tell me that they never do this back level procedure.

Hogwash!

What are the implications of not doing this library back leveling?

IPCS will not be able to properly process the dump.

--
| Edward E. Jaffe                |                                |