I ordinarily have other things to do with my time that preclude spending it defending IBM, which is well able to defend itself.

This time. however, I am in MarkThomen's corner. Meaningless or invalid statistics should be marked as such or, better, suppressed.

Moreover, I don't like the caption of this thread.

The word 'bogus' is not a general-purpose pejorative. It means counterfeited or faked. We are not dealing with anything of that sort here, and the use of this word here is thus wholly inappropriate, even perhaps slanderous.

John Gilmore
Ashland, MA 01721
USA