In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, on 07/16/2005
   at 01:27 AM, Gerhard Postpischil <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

>Depends on what we're talking about. LA r,0 vs. SLR r,r probably is
>irrelevant these days. LA r,0(s) vs. LA r,0(,s) isn't.

Some processors have a 3-way adder in the I-unit and the performance
is the same whether the base field is 0 or not.

>And atrocities like LH r,=H'5' rather than LA r,5 are still timely.

It gets worse[1]; I've seen stuff like LH r,FIVE with FIVE DC H'5'.

[1] I have an even worse example, but nobody[2] would believe it.

[2] Well, you've seen the code, so I know you would believe it.