On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 13:38:21 EDT, Ed Finnell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Guess the argument is the chipset is so robust, don't want the
>bloat of XP interfering with splaterring of aliens or monsters
>or police officers and hearing the lamentations of the vanquished.

Who's argument?  Who would make such an argument when no such games exist?
Show me ONE current commercial game that runs under DOS?

I am no fan of Microsoft, yet I understand that developing these games would
not be possible without the functionality provided in WinXP.  For anyone to
assume that a game developer would rather write their own device support
routines, rather than use the services built into the OS, is just ridiculous.

A developer would never be able to complete a single product using that
methodology.  The target, both in terms of hardware technology and gaming
standards, moves faster than you could write the code.