"Ron and Jenny Hawkins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>...

> > > However, with PLPA overflowing into Common the majority of PLPA
page-ins
> > > will come from the Common Page Dataset, not PLPA. You will have
> > contention
> > > for the two exposures when concurrent page-in requests for PLPA happen
> > at
> > > the same time as Common Page-in/out activity using the same two
> > exposures.
> >
> > I don't think so, there are 2 exposures per pagedataset, not per paging
> > type. So if PLPA pages must come from the Common pgds, they will use the
2
> > Common pgds exposures and must compete with the normal Common pageins
from
> > the Common pgds.
>
> Vernoy, read it again. I said:
>
> "the majority of PLPA page-ins will come from the Common Page Dataset"
>
> I may not have said it clearly, but we are saying the same thing. It
cannot
> satisfy a PLPA page in from the Common page dataset if it is handling
Common
> pages from the same dataset.
>

> > > At the same time the PLPA dataset will be relatively inactive.
> >
> > And will also be the 2 PLPA pgds exposures.
>
> My Point exactly!!!
>

> > maximum potential page-in rate is achieved by using the maximum number
of
> > exposures and this must mean to route PLPA pagins through the PLPA
> > exposures
> > to the PLPA pgds and the same for the Common.
> > However, since most installations do (should) not have (any) PLPA
paging,
> > the benefit might be small and possibly not worth while.
> >

> Believe it or not Vernoy, you are supporting my point -

Yes, you are correct, I interpreted you incorrectly the first time.

Kees.

e-mail, and delete this message. Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM),
its subsidiaries and/or its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or
incomplete transmission of this e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible for
any delay in receipt.