In a message dated 7/29/2005 4:47:43 P.M. Central Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

My  reaction is similar to yours, Ed.  I had been wondering about the  need
for some kind of "come from" display when IBM brought branch relative  long
instructions to the architecture.  The R15/R14 game seems like it  falls
apart if the arrival at location 0 (or just arbitrary low storage)  came
about because of a branch relative (jump) or worse, a  BR-long.

Remember the old language construct to do away with GO TO's
and replace with COME FROM's?