-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Tom Schmidt
Sent: Tuesday August 02 2005 15:19

(snipped GDG stuff)

However, more generalized GDG support might be a very nice thing to add to
z/OS (or its successor) since that is a fairly big differentiator between
z/OS and *nix systems.  I've heard MANY *nix administrators and programmers
lament over the lack of GDG-style support on their platforms.  (Most of them
attempt to reinvent that wheel and most attempts that I've seen missed quite
a few cogs and spokes.)  There might well be a lot of business value to IBM
if z/OS would generalize the GDG support to (a) VSAM and (b) zFS files, and
then perhaps carry that support back out to the iSeries and pSeries
platforms (after crowing about it on z/OS first).

--
Tom Schmidt
Madison, WI

to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search the
archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html