<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
[EMAIL PROTECTED]>...
> > Just out of curiosity - has anyone ever submitted
> > a marketing requirement for this function?
>
> Ask the IBM people who handle that sort of thing.

Actually, I did - before I posted my question.  And the answer was there is
no requirement on the books for that.

As others have indicated IBM-MAIN does not typically get requirements into
releases.  People need to submit a requirement through their branch office,
or through SHARE.  Then it gets analyzed, prioritized and worked on.  I had
suggested this a few years ago (it's actually an SMS/allocation issue) but
because there were no requirements, it wasn't pursued.

If someone would like to submit a requirement like this at SHARE I will try
to apply some weight to get it implemented.

Thanks,
Mark Thomen
Catalog/IDCAMS/VSAM Development