Communication Management Configuration (or something very similar).

Centrally managed communications?

I used to know, but I was younger then.

It is an MVS image that manages all communucations (SNA) and automation for the
network.
It runs separate from all other work so it cannot impact them in the event of
(for example) an NCP failure.
Nor, can it be affected by others.
It's a focal point for all network traffic.

I was told, years ago, that it was not very common in usage, but the last three
shops I worked at had one.

Now, I need to know where to find doc on it with TCP/IP.
And, is it supported (needed) with TCP/IP.

-teD

In God we Trust!
All others bring data!
 -- W. Edwards Deming