From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Ted MacNEIL
Sent: Thursday, August 04, 2005 8:00 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: TCP/IP and CMC?

>When you use TCP/IP on the mainframe is a CMC still required?
No.

My understanding of CMC is a seperate LPAR to front-end communications.

I'm sorry.
I asked the wrong question in my frustration with trying the get to the
answer.

Of course, a CMC is never 'required'.
But, is it supported in a TCP/IP environment.
Management's goal is to get rid of SNA.
Will we still be able to use a CMC?

(That was my original [as yet, unanswered] question)

Also, where is CMC management/support/etc documented?

-teD

In God we Trust!
All others bring data!
 -- W. Edwards Deming

email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search
the archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html

Disclaimer: This e-mail message is intended only for the personal use of
the recipient(s) named above.  If you are not an intended recipient, you
may not review, copy or distribute this message. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and delete
the original message.
This e-mail expresses views only of the sender, which are not to be
attributed to Rite Aid Corporation and may not be copied or distributed
without this statement.