----- Original Message ----- From: "Walt Farrell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: bit.listserv.ibm-main
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2005 9:36 AM
Subject: Re: Any way to get SDSF to cough up ICH408I?

On 8/10/2005 8:24 AM, Thomas Conley wrote:
I found the PROFILE WTPMSG suggestion in the SDSF online help. That fixed the NOT AUTHORIZED FOR JOB, but the NOT AUTHORIZED FOR CMD is still giving us ZIP. IRRADU00 does not show any INSAUTH records, and SAFTRACE is empty. I've got a concussion from the bricks. We're going to try some things today to see what we can do. Please pass along to the SDSF designer that it would be a whole lot easier if SDSF would just issue the @#$%^&* ICH408I, without jumping through the PROFILE WTPMSG hoop. NOWTPMSG is the default for a new TSO user, so debugging these errors is a huge PITA.

"Not authorized for cmd" is still very vague, Thomas. What panel/display were you on, and precisely what did you do to get that message?

Walt,

I get NOT AUTHORIZED FOR CMD trying to purge my own output from the HOLD queue. Another system programmer here gets NOT AUTHORIZED FOR CMD when trying to add an initiator class from the INIT panel.

Regards,
Tom Conley