On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 22:05:46 +0300, Binyamin Dissen
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>:>OH YEAH ! I love it
>
>How will the shutdown procedures, i.e., stopping CICS and DB2, flushing SMF
>buffers and the SYSLOG, etc. be invoked?

Well today we do that through SAO and we need a not anymore supported
AOM on a soon not anymore supported OS/2 on a very old PC to handle the IPL .
( very difficult to get a new PC that can run OS/2 + AOM  and run properly )
IBM did not come with a replacement for AOM , and the other way is to write
some code and use the HMC/SAO API ( but so far we have been failing to make
the SAO / HMC thing work "consistently" ) .
Having no operators since years , I definitely prefer a V XCF,xyz,reipl
command  that we  would put in our SAO procs .
Now i am also looking for any software running on a PC and able to talk to
the HMC and IPL ... I could then get rid of my old AOM  .
Bruno
Bruno(dot)sugliani(at)groupemornay(dot)asso(dot)fr