Status about my "Owner Gone" project with low prio.

Websphere MQ (IBM Hursley) is still working on this.

DB2 open PK10031 and close it with the following comment:

  Various monitor programs and displays, report common storage
  owned by DB2 as 'orphaned'.  This occurs because the MVS service
  aid tracking is done based on the HOME ASID at the time of the
  GETMAIN.  In actuality, the storage gotten is being tracked and
  managed by the corresponding DB2 PRIMARY ASID.  If users take
  any direct action against the storage listed in this report,
  they may corrupt common storage that is currently in use.

  This apar is being closed USE ( user error ).  Users should
  not be using MVS service aid information as a basis for direct
  commands against storage.  The actual reporting of DB2 storage
  as 'orphaned' is considered an inaccuracy in the service aid
  reporting or monitor display itself and not a code error in DB2.

Seems the DB2 development doesn't understand the issue or basic
of z/OS storage tracking. I don't know but I'm not satisfied with
such response or closing code. So it's still under investigation
now with MVS level 2 support.

Regards Roland