Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz wrote on 09/22/2005 01:58:42 PM:

> If WHERE uses TPUT directly then you can still capture the output if
> you run under Session Manager. You'll need a special logon proc.

You're one level of service off.  WHERE and the rest of line mode IPCS use
TSO I/O service routines to enable compatible operation in batch and
interactive line mode.  IPCS dialog code has code that sits in the pipeline
just prior to lines being passed to the TSO I/O service routines that
diverts lines for full screen presentation.  That's why SYSOUTTRAP works in
line modes and not in the IPCS dialog.

Bob Wright - z/OS MVS Service Aids