If this system is active is it advisable to do this ?

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Tom Schmidt
Sent: Monday, September 26, 2005 12:40 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Can't vary offline

Bob,

Issue SETPROG LNKLST,UNALLOCATE to have XCFAS remove its allocations
from all LINKLIST volumes and see if that clears it up for you. If it
does, then issue SETPROG LNKLST,ALLOCATE to put back the linklist
allocations that are presently in-use (for protection)... after you get
the offending volume offline.

--
Tom Schmidt
Madison, WI

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 12:34:29 -0400, Dean Montevago wrote:

>Did you close and unallocate the catalog from the CAS ? Even if you
>rebuild the linklist I think XCFAS will still have an allocation to the

>datasets.

email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search
the archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html