Typical size is 956 byte, at list at our shop. My RMF reports shows i.e.
1,868,451 for the Default Class (956) and only 4,539 for the Big Class (16,316)
as outbound traffic from one LPAR to another in the plex.

Which makes the migration from "old" technology to new FICON CTC not
really urgent. Good news. :-)

Walter Marguccio
z/OS Systems Programmer
BELENUS LOB Informatic GmbH