Newsgroups: bit.listserv.ibm-main
To: <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 8:58 PM
Subject: Re: LPAR strictly for CICS Onlines

The original post cited short on storage and max task limit as chronic
problems. Neither problem can be fixed by tweaking CPU controls. Before
committing to an LPAR solution, OP is advised to dig deeper into the
current problems.

.
.
JO.Skip Robinson
Southern California Edison Company
Electric Dragon Team Paddler
SHARE MVS Program Co-Manager
626-302-7535 Office
323-715-0595 Mobile
jo.skip.robin...@sce.com

            gsg
            <gsg_...@yahoo.co
            Sent by: IBM              IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
            Mainframe                                                  cc
            Discussion List
            <ibm-m...@bama.ua                                     Subject
            .edu>                     Re: LPAR strictly for CICS Onlines

            08/18/2009 04:53
            PM

            Please respond to
              IBM Mainframe
             Discussion List
            <ibm-m...@bama.ua
                  .edu>

No knowing any better is probably me best anwer.  I thought we would be
able to control resources better.  However, using the CPU Critical may be
an
option also.  However,  I think that we created a service class recently
for our
HOTBATCH service class.  I don't think we would want to many service
classes running as CPU critical.