From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Jim McAlpine
Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2009 10:39 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: LPAR strictly for CICS Onlines

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 10:52 PM, gsg <gsg_...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> We've been having a bunch of problems CICS short on storage , max task
> etc... and I posed the question can we create a LPAR specifically for our
> CICS
> regions and another for our batch.  I don't know if it is even possible.

>  Does
> anyone currently do something like this? If so, how do you open/close files
> via
> your batch jobs.

Have you looked at the possibility of trying to reduce you CICS cpu usage.
I know that CICS trace can burn a lot of cpu.  If you can then look at
setting the following -

AUXTR=OFF,
GTFTR=OFF,
INTTR=OFF,
SPCTR=OFF,
STNTR=OFF,
SYSTR=OFF,
USERTR=OFF,
Also look at your setting of the LE runtime option CBLPSHPOP and see if that
can be set to OFF especially if your CICS programs do a lot of dynamic
calls.

These are old recommendations but worth revisiting when you are short of cpu
power.

Jim McAlpine