Timothy Sipples wrote:

>It was my attempt at humor, that's all.

Good! ;-D

>But as a follow-up, if anyone has an idea how to do nothing even better,
please feel free to post.

Enhance IEFBR14 to follow standard linkage conventions as stated in z/OS
Principle of Operations. ;-D

It is a crying shame that IEFBR14 does not follow the linkage conventions.
It is the ONLY PRODUCTION module not following the proper linkage, ie not
using that SAVE and RETURN macros.

What about using other methods to properly clear out that pesky R15?

  SR 15,15 followed by
  XR 15,15 followed by
  LA 15,0   followed by another instructions to be 'sure' ;-D

Time to enlarge that program by a factor of 50% at least! ;-D

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht