A while ago I mentioned on this forum that a friend of mine works for a company
that is considering a conversion from DB2 on z/OS to Oracle on z/Linux. I asked
if anyone had any opinions on this, and Frank Swarbrick pointed out that Oracle
Access Manager (which is the link between z/OS and z/Linux) has been
"finalized" at version 10.2. I passed this information on to my friend who
passed it on to his management, and as a result they are no longer interested
in this option (many thanks to Frank for saving them going on a wild goose
chase!).

Instead, they are now toying with the idea of converting DB2 on z/OS to UDB on
z/Linux. The primary reason to convert is to save money, but they haven't
established how hard it would be to convert or if it would even save them any
money. So once again I thought I'd throw the question out there and ask if
anyone has gone through this type of conversion or has any opinions they'd be
willing to share?

Thanks!

Dave Salt

SimpList(tm) - try it; you'll get it!
http://www.mackinney.com/products/SIM/simplist.htm
New: Messenger sign-in on the MSN homepage
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9677403