I stand by my statement that it is not LLA's documented function to manage
the directories of non-load-libraries (emphasis on "documented")..
The change from "linklist" to "library" in the name corresponds to allowing
you to manage modules in libraries that are not part of the lnklst.

That is not to say that we have any intention of doing something to break
current usage.

I understand well the major benefits of having cached directory entries.

It might be a good idea to have you users submit a share requirement to
have us acknowledge and document your use case.

Peter Relson
z/OS Core Technology Design