Thompson, Steve wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Edward Jaffe
Sent: Thursday, September 03, 2009 11:01 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: LLA Update

Peter Relson wrote:
LLA manages only load libraries (whether PDS or PDSE).

Is that right??? We've used it for eons to cache directories for system CLIST/REXX libraries, MACLIBs, ISPF panels, etc.

<SNIP>

Are you sure you are not confusing VLF and LLA?

VLF does not cache directories. That's LLA's job. The libraries I'm talking about are referenced by CSVLLAxx, not COFVLFxx.

Having said that, we do also define and use the IKJEXEC class in VLF.

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc