On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 16:32:02 -0400, Mark Pace <mpac...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I can't seem to find VTAMAPPL.  Where is this program located?

That is an ADCD program.    I have something on my web site and CBT file 434
called "ACBCHECK".  It's not the same as VTAMAPPL, but can serve a similar
purpose.

*** THIS PROGRAM WILL CHECK IF A VTAM ACB IS AVAILABLE,     ***
*** IF IT IS NOT THE PROGRAM WILL WAIT 15 SECONDS AND TRY   ***
*** AGAIN. IT WILL KEEP TRYING FOR UP TO 15 MINUTES.        ***
***                                                         ***
*** IT CAN BE PUT INTO STCS AS A FIRST STEP SO THE STC CAN  ***
*** BE STARTED VIA COMMNDXX AT IPL BEFORE VTAM IS ACTIVE.   ***
*** THE PROGRAM MUST BE PASSED A PARM OF THE ACB TO CHECK.  ***
*** SAMPLE JCL:
***
*** //STEP1 EXEC PGM=ACBCHECK,PARM=TSO

--