This is just poor man's control of processing.  I fail to see why
savepoint, rollback and commit are less effective than abending and
forcing a rollback.  I am sure that the shop has access to some sort of
notification system (i.e. e-mail).  Save off the offending stuff, send out
a processing exception to be remediated and continue.  While I did cede
that abends may be useful, some actual programming logic would be more
useful.  Basics are documented in DB2 SQL manuals.

Abend processing may have been popular.. but does it still need to be as a
normal course of action?

Rob Schramm