Chase, John wrote:
> Yeah, and "people who can write COBOL are *much* more expensive than
> people who write Java."

not if you hire entry level COBOL programmers ... I know ... kinda hard
to find them ...

most people who code Java are guys right out of school. most people who
know COBOL have 20+ years of experience. it's like comparing apples to
oranges. they're not the same. you probably are getting much more value
for your dollar if you hire a veteran programmer.

BUT, if you need an entry level COBOL programmer, our Kapiolani
Community College teaches COBOL programming (they use our Test/QA LPAR
to teach their classes -- Enterprise COBOL on z/OS 1.9 with CICS TS
3.1).  Sorry for the shameless plug ... but ... hire our graduates!!!   :-)

--Stephen

Stephen Y. Odo
Systems Engineering                        e-mail: step...@hawaii.edu
Information Technology Services             phone:      (808)956-2383
University of Hawai'i                         FAX:      (808)956-2412
U5 Girls/Boys Master Coach
U16/U19 Girls Age Group Coordinator
Assistant Region Registrar
AYSO Honolulu Region 178                   e-mail:       s...@lava.net