On 16 Sep 2009 12:59:43 -0700, rfocht...@ync.net (Rick Fochtman)
wrote:

>>That's not mostly because of their salaries.
>>

>--------------------------<unsnip>-------------------------------------
>When they spend too much of our money, who cares how they spend it?
>
>To quote Ray Stevens: "If 10% was good enough for Jesus, it ought to be
>enough for Uncle Sam!"

Don't think that what we are taxed is what we see taken out of our
paycheck.   We are taxed every time we buy something from a company
that is taxed.   We are taxed when the deficit removes value from our
money (and of our grandchildren's money).

But it *does* make a difference how it is spent.   (The difference
between parties in practice isn't how much they spend, it's how they
spend that much).