>Just out of curiosity, how can you increase the speed by adding more
CPU's?

What I meant was, under marketting arrangements (for example on the old
9672's), IBM wouldn't just upgrade the speed; in Canada, you always had to add
an additional engine, as well.

So, for a specific example, will they let you go from a T03 to a Z03, or do you
have to also buy an engine and go to a Z04?

Under any System z, whereever I have worked, we alway bought the fastest
engines, so an upgrade was always more engines.
So, I don't know if the marketting agreement has changed or not, and I was just
asking out of curiosity.
-
Too busy driving to stop for gas!