-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Mark Zelden
Sent: Tuesday, November 03, 2009 3:19 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: What SVCs are in use?

On Tue, 3 Nov 2009 14:23:55 -0600, Andy Wood <woo...@ozemail.com.au>
wrote:

>On Tue, 3 Nov 2009 13:16:26 -0600, Mark Zelden
><mark.zel...@zurichna.com> wrote:
>
>>Carlos,
>>
>>That still doesn't answer the original question nor my question.   The
>>OP's question was "can someone point me to a manual or command
>>that will show what SVCs are actually in use?".  You answered "use
ISRDDN".

<SNIPPAGE>

Yes, you are correct in the literal sense.   But I suspect the OP really
meant
"what SVC numbers are assigned / used" as opposed to "which SVCs
are actually invoked by programs".

I'm pretty sure almost everyone took it that way (at least all the folks
that suggested to use tools like Omegamon, MXI, ShowMVS, TASID,
CBT programs etc.).  Most of these tools display the unassigned SVC
numbers as "not used".

<SNIPPAGE>

Actually, I was being quite literal and was thinking how I could
determine this, without having to have an intercept in SVCFLIH. And then
I started reading other people's answers and didn't say anything.

Regards,
Steve Thompson