On Tue, 3 Nov 2009 14:23:55 -0600, Andy Wood <woo...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

>On Tue, 3 Nov 2009 13:16:26 -0600, Mark Zelden
><mark.zel...@zurichna.com> wrote:
>
>>Carlos,
>>
>>That still doesn't answer the original question nor my question.   The
>>OP's question was "can someone point me to a manual or command
>>that will show what SVCs are actually in use?".  You answered "use ISRDDN".
>>
>>How does browsing a module with ISRDDN show which SVCs are in use?
>
>How, for that matter, does looking at the SVC table, tell you if a SVC
>is "actually in use"?
>
>So far, all the responses to this question that I have seen have proposed
>various ways of displaying the SVC table (and maybe the associated ESR
>tables). That will tell you what SVCs are available for use on a system at a
>point in time.
>
>Perhaps that is what Mike wants to know. If the requirement is to (also) know
>which of the available SVCs are being used (over a certain period of time),
>then GTF SVC trace is the answer.

Yes, you are correct in the literal sense.   But I suspect the OP really meant
"what SVC numbers are assigned / used" as opposed to "which SVCs
are actually invoked by programs".

I'm pretty sure almost everyone took it that way (at least all the folks
that suggested to use tools like Omegamon, MXI, ShowMVS, TASID,
CBT programs etc.).  Most of these tools display the unassigned SVC
numbers as "not used".

Mark
--
Mark Zelden