Ray,

Any program (you do not have to be auth) can run the simple set of control
blocks to show the SVCs, the ESR entries and even the SVCUPDTE information - it
really is not too difficult :

CVT : CVTABEND ---> SCVTSECT : SCVTSVCT ---> SVC table (mapped by IHASVC)

Also :

SCVTSECT : SCVTSVCR ---> SVCURT  (SVC Update recording table)

If you want to be helpful, you can build your own SVC->MACRO table and then
show this information to the user.

IIRC, the macros used by SVC numbers is documented in "MVS Diagnosis
Reference".

Rob Scott
Developer
Rocket Software
275 Grove Street * Newton, MA 02466-2272 * USA
Tel: +1.617.614.2305
Email: rsc...@rs.com
Web: www.rocketsoftware.com