On 16 Nov 2009 23:11:57 -0800, in bit.listserv.ibm-main you wrote:

>Unfortunately, you're in a pretty difficult situation.  In a perfect world I
>would say that you should re-write the stuff correctly, but here in the real
>world, you probably don't have the time to do that.  You may not even know
>how to do it the "right" way, but I think that you will probably work things
>out somewhere in the middle on your own.  Just remember to get enough sleep
>so that when you get those 3am calls, you can at least sound coherent.

Depending on what the subsystems do, z/OS or other software already in
house may have been enhanced to have some or all of the functions.  If
no one has looked at this, that should be done.  It might be possible
to move the functions into exits of other subsystems.  I like creating
usermods to make people's lives easier but I like finding the function
in existing code even more because what I don't do, I don't have to
fix.