That entirely depends on whether you have taken the default of CONDITIONAL
or if you code UNCONDITIONAL.   If you take the default, there will
be a JES2 message (not the TSO / DYNALLOC message) about the
allocation failure and you will get the standard $HASP469 parm error reply
message.   See the JES2 init and tuning manual for more details.

There are pros/cons of each choice.   If you have a way to
always fix the problem (from another system for example), you may
want "CONDITIONAL" so you find out about any surprises at IPL time and
not later when the phone rings if someone misses the IKJ56228I message -
which would be very easy to do with hundreds of messages scrolling by
at IPL time.   Also, the entire statement is failed, which could mean no
PROCLIB concatenation at all and no way to start VTAM/TSO  in order
to fix the problem easily.  You can fix it via operator prompt input if you
can figure out the syntax. :-)

That being said, I still prefer UNCONDITIONAL to let JES2 start with the
PROCLIB concatenation minus the offending library.   If it is an STC PROCLIB,
I'll find out soon enough. :-)  If it is a user proclib, well, it's not that
critical
anyway and I can fix it later.  <g,d & r>

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
mailto:mark.zel...@zurichna.com