--------------------------------------<snip>----------------------------------------
I did it. Why? Because we had some __USER__ proclibs in PROC00. What happens if they are deleted? JES2 stays up, but fails at the next IPL. With dynamic PROCLIB, JES2 will come up, but with error messages about what was missing. You can then manually enter the dynamic PROCLIB statements, ignoring the missing PROCLIB and continue processing. That's the only reason that I did it.
That feature is also INCREDIBLY useful during a "Disaster Recovery" scenario, when volumes might be incompletely or improperly recovered. Saved our rears during the Chicago Flood of 1992! Evcen though the feature was implemented vya JES2 exits and somewhat less than perfect. :-) Bob R., I think you saw some of the last vestiges of this during your "visit" at Clearing.

Rick