Well, that's an interesting idea...

How's this for convoluted? ;-)

>From MVS, I can FTP PUT a file with the name of the dataset I want the linux
machine to get...
Then, on Linux I use inotify to trigger the FTP GET from Linux... using the
pipe as you suggest to remove incoming CC chars as they arrive.

The down side? Sometimes that dataset is a tempooary file that does live
past the batch job execution time.

Or, from MVS I could IEBGENER it to SYSOUT,DEST=(zLinux VM machine) and read
the darn thing through the reader on linux... vmur seems to remove the CC
characters.

Well, I'll let this simmer... it's not urgent.

Thanks for the suggestions and confirmation that the IBM FTP client doesn't
have an option for this.

Cheers?