On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 07:57:34 -0800, Patrick Falcone
<patrick.falco...@verizon.net> wrote:

>Personally, I would say that it depends. My last gig on a small 2-way I was
>standing on my head with the Policy to make it work due to capacity
>limitations. I had all kinds of stuff in IMP 1.

That would be more of a problem on a small machine that is capacity
challenged.   If too much is IMP=1 and there are not enough cycles
to go around, what's WLM to do (especially when you consider the
SYSTEM and SYSSTC workloads)?

>Now I'm currently supporting a very large plex with many disparate sizes,
>shapes, workloads. Some LPARs have very little IMP 1 and othersĀ  have a
little >more.

> As long as the the PI's are met and the clients are happy I go with what
works.

That is the bottom line - are SLAs being met.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
mailto:mark.zel...@zurichna.com