>If you are referring to the dynamic internal service classes that WLM
creates, those only apply to a server topology (like CICS and IMS
with transaction goals).   WLM has no way of knowing the inter-dependencies
of other address spaces.

Yes. You're correct.
If you need to exploit this, you MUST have transaction goals.

>And I'm pretty sure you have posted several times about not seeing a
>compelling reason to use CICS transaction goals (they were never implemented
>at my current employer either).

The compelling reason is service levels.
The last shop I worked at had sub-0.2 second response time with velocity goals.
What was the point of introducing transaction goals?

When I first implemented goal mode 10 years ago, I was gung-ho to transaction
goals for CICS, IMS & DDF.

Now, chastised by reality, I realise one size does not fit all.

Measure twice, cut once!

(But, use all importance levels, effectively)
-
Too busy driving to stop for gas!