While this discussion has evolved into a discourse on HLLs and library
support, I would like to make an observation.

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, Accenture was Arthur Anderson
Consulting.  My company contracted with them to assess the status of our
technology and its direction.  While it was a foregone conclusion they
would recommend a shift to UNIX, I was totally underwhelmed by the
'mainframe acumen' of their staff.  Arthur Anderson used this venture as
an OJT exercise for their staff.  Their staff probably just finished
their BA and or equivalent thereof which included a working knowledge of
Windows and the Internet.   Further, the vast majority of their survey
and results came from cutting and pasting from articles on the Internet.

My conclusion is that Accenture probably doesn't has a dwindling staff
to support a mainframe system and/or application.  But, what it does
have is a group of young, eager non-mainframe people and if they can
convince banks to move off of the mainframe, they've got business.