-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Frank Swarbrick
Sent: Friday, December 04, 2009 5:46 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: file definition

This may or may not be a weird question, but...
Is there a utility where I can give it a list of dataset names and it
can give back some JCL that could have been used to define that file?
Simply an IEFBR14 with a DD for each file where the DD has the
DISP=(NEW,CATLG), the DSN, the full DCB, the SPACE parm and whatever
else could be used to recreate the dataset if it were deleted.

Thanks,
Frank

<SNIPPAGE>

No such utility for z/OS that I know of per se. However, you may be able
to convince IDCAMS to provide you with some of the information.

Regards,
Steve Thompson