On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 7:34 AM, Joe Reichman <joereich...@optonline.net>wrote:

> For some reason When XMEM Post Fails the Dump says HOME != PRIMAMRY
>
> I wrote 2 test program('S) to test out this code
>
> 1) with the WAIT
>
> 2) Post ASID=
>
> It worked
>
> So I have the parms right
>
> It must be the Space Switching PC rtn that executes
>
> Right before which is not leaving PASN=SASN=HASN
>  <http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html>
>

>From your questions I suspect you don't really understand what you're doing
and if that's so, you're kind of in a situation of running with scissors.
When you are writing supervisor state code you need to understand the entire
environmental state you are running in and the environmental conditions that
are documented for the macros and services you want to call. They are
documented because they really DO matter.

If you're creating ANY kind of PC routine you should use a stacking PC.
Basic PCs are a pain and they're only there for compatibility. There is no
reason to use one for anything new. If you use a space-switch stacking PC,
then the PR instruction is guaranteed to put you back where you were before
the PC. If you use a basic ss-PC you have to go through the usual charade of
issuing PT and then SSAR to get back to where you came from - which is error
prone to say the least.

Could I politely suggest you spend some time reading the cross memory
programming documentation? That will be less painful in the end than groping
in the dark.

--
This email might be from the
artist formerly known as CC