From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf
Of Binyamin Dissen
Sent: Monday, December 14, 2009 5:20 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Does SAC 0 make PASN = HASN = SASN

On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 16:03:12 -0600 Chris Craddock <crashlu...@gmail.com>
wrote:

:>If you're creating ANY kind of PC routine you should use a stacking PC.
:>Basic PCs are a pain and they're only there for compatibility. There is no
:>reason to use one for anything new. If you use a space-switch stacking PC,
:>then the PR instruction is guaranteed to put you back where you were
before
:>the PC. If you use a basic ss-PC you have to go through the usual charade
of
:>issuing PT and then SSAR to get back to where you came from - which is
error
:>prone to say the least.

Isn't the basic PC a lot faster than the stacking variety?

http://www.dissensoftware.com