At a previous job, the shop used a 3790 Data Entry configuration with 3760
workstations (remember those?).  The program that was used to extract data
from the 3791 was called BTP (Batch Transfer Program, I think).  BTP 'talked'
to VTAM and thus was full of VTAM macros (ACB, GENCB, etc etc).  The
program had last been assembled and linked in 1978.  After one MVS upgrade
(don't remember which one), the program would intermittently end with CC=2.
It would otherwise do what it was supposed to do, so we weren't too
concerned about it.  Then after another software upgrade (I think it was
DFSMS 1.1), BTP started failing hard with 0C4, and IBM told us to reassemble
the program, which took care of the 0C4 abends and also the CC=2.  BTP ran
flawlessly for the rest of the time that the 3790/3760's were there.

Another program assembled and linkedited in 1968 had problems loading at
execution time.  I don't remember the specific error, but all I had to do was
relinkedit the program, and it worked fine.

The point is, sometimes a problem can be resolved by a reassemble and/or
relink.  But like the other posters have said, it depends on what the program
is
doing.