From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of David Logan
Sent: Thursday, December 31, 2009 11:54 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: ADCD CD

I need to get a copy of one of the ADCD CDs onto our mainframe so
that I can get a file off of it. It's designed for the Flex, so it's the

PC "CKD" two-file thing that goes into the emulator to then be copied
to internal DASD.

Is there any way to load these files from the CD right onto an empty
volume? FTP them up and use DITTO or something, perhaps?

Basically, I am running an old z/OS on a z9, and I need to reload one
of the systems files from S4RES1 and I am hoping I don't have to find
and fire up a flex or MP3000 and create an OS, set up communications
just to TSO XMIT and FTP a single PDS.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

David Logan